Friday, January 05, 2007

Believe It! Boise State 43, Oklahoma 42!!



This was the headline in the Idaho Statesman on January 2nd, 2007. We Won The Fiesta Bowl!!!!! Pictured is our quarterback, Jared Zabransky. Having attended Boise State it would be wrong of me NOT to blog this! WHAT A GAME!!

This has been called the game of the century and I can believe it. I watched the whole game, which is not something I normally do. This was an amazing game to watch though! We had some friends that attended it, along with 20,000 other Bronco fans, and they had a blast! I lost track of how many planes and busloads made the trip to Glendale, Arizona. I wish we could have made the trip, but timing and circumstances made it wiser to not.

Oklahoma really didn't take them very seriously. They have a bigger school, they've been to 40 bowl games, and they've won 7 national championships. We haven't. But this year we are undefeated!

We were up, we were down, then with 7 seconds left in the game we were tied. Zabransky faked a pass while handing off behind his back to Ian Johnson, who ran it into the end zone for the win! The interviews after were awesome to watch. Coach Peterson just glowed! Then the interiew with Ian Johnson took a romantic turn. With his head cheerleader girlfriend at his side the interviewer said, "Don't you have something to ask her?" He turned and got down on one knee and proposed! What a great end to a great game!!

Congratulations BSU!! Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think everyone was excited that Boise State won. Chalk one up for the "little guy".

Katie Nelson said...

Congrats to Boise State!