
Just Words?
Raged, Full of Fury, Cynical, Embarrassed, Fearful, Rejected, Betrayed, Pained, Hurt, Resentful, Full of Anger, Just Plain Downright Pissed Off. Fooled. Foolish.
Or:
Forgiving, Loving, Nurturing, Healing, Tender, Calm, Patient, Filled with Mercy, Grace, Willing to Help, And Again Forgiving.
Living in those moments can be dangerous. It could probably be said that the first set of words and feelings come from the dark side and the second set comes from the opposite. Sometimes a bit of a shake up makes you realize where your spirit lies. It's way too easy to get there. It’s easy to get caught in rage and fury. It takes a strong person to wake up and move through it into the light.
I heard a talk in church a few weeks ago on forgiveness. Of course we listen and file those things away thinking they are all good words that are really just words. Then one day something comes along and hits us over the head. Suddenly it’s apparent that we should have listened a little more carefully. Life lessons sure suck.
I knew someone once very close to me that seemed to be able to move into that state of rage and fury so easily. It was frustrating to watch. I didn’t understand why. She alienated so many. I never wanted to be that. My life has been very blessed. This I know.
I found this picture of a black hole. It seems like rather an appropriate picture for the day. It’s time to move away from the vortex. This won’t last forever. The opposite of dark is light. There will be light. It will be alright.
1 comment:
"even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget
falls drop by drop upon the heart,
until, in our own despair,
against our will,
comes wisdom
through the awful grace of God."
-aeschylus
Another Poem. This was one that Bobby Kennedy repeated when Martin Luther King had been shot and he meet with the blacks that just wanted to hit back.
I guess somewhere between the extremes of your blog, the black hole and new day, lies wisdom.
Or as Dad often said, "hang in there"
Post a Comment