Friday, May 11, 2007

~ Sweet Sixteen ~

And Then There Was Light.....


What a fun weekend this was. Steph turned 16 on Sunday, May 6th. I asked her many times what she wanted to do and got the same sad melancholy reply... "I dunno".

Well enough of that! She experienced her first suprise party and oh was it fun. Within 24 hours we lined up 10 friends to show up at 1:00 Sunday afternoon. Saturday evening I secretly ran to Zurchers and got decorations, then to the store for chips and drinks. Everything was carefully hidden in the back of my car. She got up on Sunday morning to an uneventful opening of birthday cards and hanging out. She thought it was weird but never really suspected anything when her Dad announced that he would be taking her out in his car for driving practice. She needs some parking lot work. I told her we would have cake and ice cream when they got home.

As soon as they left we hit the ground running. Decorations went up. Balloons came out. Pizzas were ordered with delivery time set for 1:15 (Pizza Hut of course thanks to Ryan). Friends arrived perfectly as planned. And Steph and Gary walked in at 1:35. All of the friends hid in the family room and jumped out as she came in. Oh What FUN!!!

First Reaction.... A Full Blush :)


Do you think there's enough food and chips?


No party would be complete without Ryan trying to light something on fire or blow it up. I wonder if this was genetic..


Some smiles just have to be preserved on a blog.... :)


And yes, silly string can make it clear to the ceiling... and clear across a kitchen in 2 seconds.. Observe blue splatter on picture #1...

And what do I do with this?


Mom playing with lighting and focus stuff.... but a pretty good picture of the goings on...


Fun was had by all..... and yes that is silly string hanging off of everything...


Happy Birthday Dear Stephanie...


6 comments:

BJ said...

And o yes, later that Night her Uncle Brent wished her a happy 16th on the phone. Fun day. Nice memory.

Katie Nelson said...

That looks like such a fun party! What a great Mom you are to do this for her :)

Happy Birthday Stephanie!

Kizmat said...

Did the silly string stain the ceiling? I did that one as a kid... :D

Marta said...

Looks like great fun was had by all at the birthday party. Isn't is wonderful that kid's grow out of that goofy stage they go through right before they turn 16 (hopefully)! Happy 16th Steph- I'll have to send you that funny picture of her from the reunion a couple of years ago making a face that will scare of any more scary frenchmen.

Anonymous said...

What a fun party! Aren't surprises the best? You are such a lucky girl to have awesome parents that love you so much. You've grown into such a beautiful young lady.

Happy Birthday Stephanie!!!

gmagower said...

WOW !That looks like some fun party
I was glad to finish that year and get on to the next. Pretty gal. Be happy. I am going to keep track of the date...so I won't be so late wishing you HAPPY BIRTHDAY Steph.