Thursday, October 18, 2007

~ Oh What A Week It Was! ~


Oh... What A Week..... You have NO Idea!!

A series of events this week..... I can't begin to descibe. I'll start from latest to earliest! Well, almost.... I guess I'll jump around...

I know you girls are waiting for this pic. I took it merely just this morning! Fresh out of the camera tonight :) Kaye and I met for dinner at Remo's on Monday night. We hadn't seen each other in 17 years. We were both so blown away that we forgot to take pictures for you all so we got together again this morning before I was to leave for home. Long story... great ending. I love having reconnected with Judy, Kaye, and Terri as a group. Thank you Classmates.com! Judy.... I hope you're next!!

And the person taking the picture is Gary's sister, Frances! What a day! Before meeting Kaye at Starbucks I was going into Walmart as she was leaving. She joined us later at Starbucks and we had a great opportunity to catch up.

But Wait!! There's More!!!

I had dinner with my oldest friend.... no not in age but in length of friendship.... Carla Brasseure! We met at Chili's! It was GREAT to see her looking so good! This was the evening that we got back from Salt Lake. (Anna and I... Zach's dinner) Now I'm seeing the fault with trying to write backwards... it won't make sense until the end. I should have taken a picture with Carla too.... dangit...

On Monday, Ann and I spent some time with AuntVenna Jean and Uncle Jim. I'm so glad they are night owls! It's always fun to go hang out with them for a bit and catch up on family stuff!!!

I had the opportunity on Wednesday to spend some time with Aunt Leta at the rest home in Salt Lake. She has aged SO VERY much. I'm not sure that she knew who I was. It was a hard visit but I'm glad I went. Her daughter, Sandy, has taken such good care of her. Sandy continues to amaze me with her strength, love, and patience. Aunt Leta is my Mom's twin. I know that Mom is watching out for her from the other side. She looks hauntingly like Mom... they were identical..... It never really hit me as much until now. She has those beautiful blue eyes and white hair....

Step back a day.... On Tuesday I purchased the replacement car for my daughter in Salt Lake of all places... baring a few hassles... Like a fog light that fell out on the highway on a cold rainy back-road in the dark of the night... oh, did I mention it was truly RAINING! The next day I was back at the dealer and a little pissy... It's OK. They made it right. That night we got a bit lost on the backroads before finding our motel.... I was truly thankful that I had Ann, my Sister-I-L, with me.... she lived in SLC a long time ago and didn't get as turned around as I did. ~BIG HUGS~~

Sorry dear Anna Marie! I couldn't resist posting this picture of you taking a picture on top of a slippery slide just so you could get the best angle of those beautiful Utah mountains :)

This was a wonderful and strange week and I LOVED that you shared it with me...

And why was she on that slippery slide and why were we out in the rain at night in the dark? Now I'm seeing the silliness in trying to write a backwards blog....

We were at a Congratulations Dinner for my nephew, "Elder Zachary Jones" who is leaving for a mission this week. He will be teaching the Hmong people that have relocated to Fresno, California. He is going to be an awesome missionary!! Congratulations Elder Jones!! You Rock!!!!


It was a very nice dinner and a wonderful celebration! Thank you Katie for inviting us to your beautiful home!

And I can't resist posting a picture of my "GREAT NIECE" !!! Riley is a beautiful young lady that I am proud to be a GREAT AUNT TRUDY to :) I would love to think that I could live worthily to that name :)


It was a great week! It was good to see family! It was good to get away from home for a great adventure.... but it's good to be home.

4 comments:

Judy Woodside said...

Trudy and Kaye you look so happy
together. I didn't know it had been so long! I'm so glad you were
able to see each other, how fun that must of been. Thanks for sharing...
Judy xoxox

Katie Nelson said...

It was so fun to see you and Anna - thank you so much for coming! Riley is still talking about how much fun it was to have "all the aunts" here! :)

BJ said...

got our first missionary letter today.

gmagower said...

I hadn't checked JustTrudy.com for a while so I have really been reeling with all the news. Soo very
thankful that you included your ooold aunt V.J. in your visits. We are REALLY night owls. It's like there aren't enough hours in the day to spend time in bed looking at the clock...waiting for time to get up and check the computer out.
I really enjoyed your pics of the "olden" days. We were so glad to get you into our family photo at the Warren reunion. You needed to be there with "YOUR TWIN" Marta.