Monday, November 26, 2007

~ ~ It's So Nifty ~ Today I'm 50 ! ! ~ ~


What a FUN weekend!! The above collage was prepared by my awesome husband and best friend Gary! It was poster sized and covered my kitchen window.

He organized a birthday party for me yesterday afternoon that was really a blast! It was catered by my favorite lunch place... Taco Del Mar! The food was yummy.

And thank you dear Vicki :) She helped bunches and also managed to sneak into my house over turkey day to decorate while we were out of town. We celebrated her 50th on September 7th. We literally shared the crown this year! Also 50 this year was Jody and Diana! 57 was a very good year ;)

Yes... I could have combed the hair, etc.... but the moment was there and then and I loved it~

We had 6 couples plus one dear friend that we have befriended through the past 28 years here in Boise. The fun part was that non of them really knew each other and by the end of the evening everyone knew everybody. I loved hearing the chatter..... and the old stories..... and the new stories!


The evening was complete when Danny played my piano like it loves to be played! Thank You Again! He played Misty for me..... and Claire De Lune..... and Solfigietto.... and of course, Happy Birthday :) ..... made me cry :) What a GREAT evening!

At the end of the night I checked my favorite blogs..... and oh my.... Thank You Brent! I was "featured" again. Yup.... and cried again! But that's OK! It's my party and I'll cry if I want to..... didn't originally plan to slip that in there but it fits.... ~hee hee~

So today is rather quiet.... and that's OK. I'm listening to the silence of the house and the light snores of my dog... and the ticking of the clock.... and feeling blessed and loved.

And life is good ~

Hill? What Hill! I See No Stinking Hill!! Or maybe it's just my eyesight's not so good?

2 comments:

Katie Nelson said...

That poster is amazing! Tell Gary he would make a great scrapbooker! :)

Happy Birthday - hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time on your birthday!
Your keeping a wonderful journal of your life, I love reading it and looking at the pictures. It's a good thing! Thank you for sharing yourself.

Judy xoxoxxo