Thursday, July 17, 2008

~ Belated Happy 50th Dean ~


Oh my..... it's kind of a blur. I would have posted this on the 4th of July when our neighbor and good friend Dean turned 50. It was one of those Fridays where things fly by and best intentions for blogging are put aside. There was a fun family BBQ at a friend's house and the usual 4th of July fun. We were hoping to swim and BBQ Sunday night at home with Dean and Vicki.

On July 5th Dean had his heart attack. By the 9th he was having triple bypass surgery. As I'm sitting here and looking at the calendar, I can't believe that it's the 17th and I'm still speechless and even blogless. There has been a coming together of neighbors and friends that is humbling. And there have been many prayers from many denominations of religion. Thankfully he is home now, but it's going to be a long road back. It's so hard to see anyone go through this. Thank God he is still here.

On a positive note, there is this giant ripple affect. Everyone is not only humbled, but looking inward. Suddenly cholesterol numbers are being discussed and carbohydrate counts and food points and protein versus carbs, etc. It almost makes you want to scream!!! And yes... I've fallen into it to. ARGH!!!! We'll see where this little journey takes all of us....

Merely a month ago you were dancing with your beautiful daughter Julie at her wedding..... as you will be in a few years for Hayden and Jeni.

We Love You Dean!! We're all looking to be fit at 50 with you!!!

No comments: