So it's now February of 2011 and actually there's only one day left of that. Today, being February 27th actually has great significance to me. Dad would have been 96 today. He's been gone now for 9 years.
I've had a few friends who have lost loved ones recently. This week a very loved member of my church passed away. I've seen so many people mourn this loss. Losing my parents and my brother was a pain well remembered. This year I am trying to choose to celebrate good memories and warm feelings instead of pain. No one can tell you when to stop hurting or when to "just get over it". You just won't, but you can choose how to remember.... and for me today, celebration is an alternative option ....
Bringing it forward to celebrate the "Month of Love" and in celebration of February EVERY year:
My parents were married on February, 7th of 1941.
This is the earliest picture I have of them... and I love this picture!!!
Mom's birthday was on February 8th, 1920. She would have been 91. She's been gone for 13 years. How can I NOT celebrate her twin sister, Aunt Leta? She's been an important part or our lives through the years also.

June 3rd, 1977..... My Wedding....
Mom (Rita) and Aunt Leta (My Hubby in the Background)

Remember back in the 60's when they came out with these Ward pictures? This was their Legacy of Love........ Merlin and Rita Jones with my brothers, Brent and Jeff and Me....
(Just Trudy)

Brent and Kathy were married on September 9th, 1966. Another Legacy of Love with 3 amazing kids continuing on with their own histories in the making.

Jeff and Ann were married July 19, 1973
Jeff passed away April 1, 2005. They also have 3 amazing kids bringing forth their own legacies of love.... This baby David is now 35!
Jeff passed away April 1, 2005. They also have 3 amazing kids bringing forth their own legacies of love.... This baby David is now 35!

(Yes, I actually have wedding pics of them but will NOT open THAT box of photos tonight.... Could set the blog back another few months!!)
Gary and I married on June 3rd, 1977

I LOVE this picture of my folks at Our Wedding!!! Ah, the look in their eyes....
What were they saying? Hmmm......

Gary and I ~ Circa 1985ish

And this is OUR Legacy of Love!!!

Family Reunion, 2002!!!!
OK, So Sometimes a Picture Says a Thousand Words..... We're Still a Work in Progress Here... this was taken June 6th of 2006...

Keep in mind that Steph was 15 and Ryan was 17.... They may look back at this picture someday and laugh because we actually had an awesome time.... but they were too cool....
It's all good.... and cause to celebrate life..... Love It!!!
1 comment:
Great pics and a great blog post!
Post a Comment