April is here in full swing and I thought I'd have blogged by now. Oh well. I've been contemplating the title of the blog. It still works. I'm still Just Trudy. It doesn't make sense to change it because really who else would I be....
This blog has been a great forum for posting pictures of people I love for people that I love. I’ve thought about getting philosophical but sometimes when I start out it just gets weird. I LOVE seeing other loved one’s pictures and stories. What a great connection it gives us. This is such a different way of sharing when you think of it. We give each other these clips of our lives but without speaking. This isn't always good because we miss the connection sometimes and it feels like we're just out there.
Everyone has a story. I guess sometimes it’s just easier to tell it with pictures sometimes rather than words. I’m going to try to write more words.
A strange thing just happened today and it coincides with what I just wrote above before it happened! I listed a grill on Craigslist along with a few other odds and ends. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how easy this has all been. This afternoon a gentleman showed up to pick up the grill and there was no problem except that he needed to come back with a truck because it wouldn’t fit in his car. This led to a conversation about his car and how he came about purchasing a Jaguar for merely $800. This then led to stories of other amazing deals and purchases, which led to how he is new in town moving from Colorado to be closer to his kids and their families. Yes, I was very cautious. I met with this person on my driveway with neighbors homes in view so I never felt at risk,
It occurred to me that sometimes human connection can be oddly unusual but just OK. This guy with the amazing name of Leo (like my Grandpa) is adjusting very well in little Eagle, Idaho. He’s met neighbors and has found a church he’s comfortable with. Those of you rolling your eyes right now, please stop. I did NOT even try to jump in for a “rescue”. He’s fine on his own, and I've resigned from the rescue business by the way.
But it brings me back to what I began writing in the above paragraph before I took a one hour break to talk to a stranger on the driveway. (Very strange coincidence of the day I thought) Connections with people are important. Sometimes it’s just wise to reel it in and reserve oneself. Sometimes it’s OK to just be a good listener. In a safe environment it may be fine to converse a bit and know it's just enough.
There will more pictures of dogs and cats and fish and whoever may let me take their picture without sneers but perhaps I’ll try more of this writing thing. And thanks for being “my” listener on the driveway :)
It occurred to me that sometimes human connection can be oddly unusual but just OK. This guy with the amazing name of Leo (like my Grandpa) is adjusting very well in little Eagle, Idaho. He’s met neighbors and has found a church he’s comfortable with. Those of you rolling your eyes right now, please stop. I did NOT even try to jump in for a “rescue”. He’s fine on his own, and I've resigned from the rescue business by the way.
But it brings me back to what I began writing in the above paragraph before I took a one hour break to talk to a stranger on the driveway. (Very strange coincidence of the day I thought) Connections with people are important. Sometimes it’s just wise to reel it in and reserve oneself. Sometimes it’s OK to just be a good listener. In a safe environment it may be fine to converse a bit and know it's just enough.
There will more pictures of dogs and cats and fish and whoever may let me take their picture without sneers but perhaps I’ll try more of this writing thing. And thanks for being “my” listener on the driveway :)
No comments:
Post a Comment